Yes! We will be having a Silent Auction at our upcoming event at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel on Oct. 16, 2013.
Get ready to bid on these fabulous prizes…
Read for the Cure Silent Auction 2013
At Fairmont Royal York Hotel
October 16, 2013
1. Estate Planning Package for Two Gift Certificate Value: $1500
Given the two certainties, death and taxes, plan for one and minimize the other. Put your affairs in order with this estate planning package, which includes consultation and advice, single or multiple wills (as appropriate), and powers of attorney for property and personal care. Christine J. Heselmann, Barrister & Solicitor, email@example.com; www.WillsThatWork.ca.
This certificate is valid until May 31, 2014.
Donated by Christine J. Heselmann
2. NU SKIN Beauty Products Gift Baskets
NU SKIN is a leader in anti-aging and skin care. Experience for yourself how the radiance & youthfulness of your skin can be visibly improved with these NU SKIN products. These baskets are filled with their top-selling products!
- Basket 2-A Value: $450
- Basket 2-B Value: $430
- Basket 2-C Value: $160
Donated by NU SKIN
3. Dream Package at Fairmont Royal York Hotel Value: $750
Enjoy one night’s accommodation at the luxurious Fairmont Royal York Hotel plus a one-hour culinary tour of St. Lawrence Market with a Hotel chef – complete with tastings while on tour of the Market! (Tours not available Sundays or Mondays.) Valid until October 31st, 2014
Donated by Fairmont Royal York Hotel, 100 Front St W, Toronto
4. Book Club Visit with Author Terry Fallis, with wine & appetizers! Value: $660
For an unforgettable gathering, welcome Canada’s favourite political satirist to your book club for an evening of humour and fascinating conversation (Value $300). Included are appetizers for 15 from Absolutely Fine Foods (Value $250) and 6 bottles of wine from Angel’s Gate Winery (Value $110).
- About the author: Terry Fallis is the author of The Best Laid Plans and The High Road. The Best Laid Plans won the 2008 Stephen Leacock Medal for Humour and was crowned the winner of CBC’s Canada Reads in 2011 as the “essential Canadian novel of the decade.” The Best Laid Plans is in development as a six-part TV miniseries for CBC-Television.
- About Absolutely Fine Foods: This gourmet shop is located in the Kingsway at Humbertown Shopping Centre. Pick up top cuts from their butcher counter, gourmet sauces and products, as well as fabulous prepared meals created and prepared by chef Peter Bochna and his friendly staff.
- About Angels Gate Winery: Niagara’s Angel’s Gate is celebrating over ten years of crafting award-winning wines. AG’s success lies in combining traditional winemaking techniques with new-world technologies to produce wines with delicate balance, finesse and structure.
* PLEASE NOTE: Book club meeting to take place in the calendar year of 2014; date pending author availability. Every effort should be made to be familiar with Terry’s work, and to have questions ready for the meeting.
Donated by Random House of Canada and Terry Fallis, Absolutely Fine Foods, and Angel’s Gate Winery
5. Four tickets to Toronto Raptors Game January 1, 2014 Value:~ $500
Hey Raptors Fans! Start the New Year on a high note with 4 premium tickets to see Raptors vs Indiana Pacers, Air Canada Centre, Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:00pm!
Donated by: Paul Gurr, Miller SAB
6. Hammam Spa Gift Certificate Value: $430
Luxuriate at this gorgeous spa as your cares are soothed away. This package is for the Indulge 5-hour treatment, which includes Hammam Stream, 60-Minute Swedish Massage, Detoxifying Algae Wrap, Signature Manicure and Pedicure – AND a gourmet spa lunch. www.hammamspa.ca. No Expiry.
Donated by Celine Tadrissi, Hammam Spa, 602 King St West, Toronto
7. JC Salons Gift Certificate Value: $275
Pamper yourself at this top hair salon in Bloor West Village with a cut by senior stylist Margaret and colour with a senior technician; a hair treatment and manicure complete your visit. Good from January to March 2014
Donated by JC Salons, 2326 Bloor St West, Toronto
8. Computer Games Packages for all ages
- Package 8-A: Value: $71
Shopping Cart Dash (Ages 3+) Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Ages 8+)
Trash Pack (ages 5+); Bass Ackwards (13+)
- Package 8-B: Value: $82
Wave length Pop Culture Game (Ages 15+); The Best of Charades
for Kids (Ages 4+); Wheel of Fortune (Ages 8+)
- Package 8-C: Value: $76
NCSI: 9 original cases based on the TV series (Teens; Adults);
Rummi Kids (Ages 8+); Sea Life including DVD (Ages 8+)
Donated by Jean-Paul Teskey
9. Tarragon Theatre Gift Certificate Value: $200
Your passport to an exciting play at Tarragon Theatre! Located at 30 Bridgman Avenue in the Bathurst St-Dupont Ave. area, popular Tarragon Theatre has been thrilling Toronto audiences with critically-acclaimed productions since 1970. No expiry.
Donated by Barbara Watson and Marg McKillop
10. Taz Hair Company: Cut & Colour Gift Certificate Value: $200+
The award-winning Taz salon offers unhurried excellence in a relaxed environment; clients come from far and wide to receive the outstanding services of this talented team. Two locations: Downtown and Etobicoke.
Donated by Taz Hair Co. 24 Bellair St and 2908 Bloor St West
11. Westmount Gallery Gift Certificate towards Custom Framing Value: $200
Receive expert advice when choosing from a myriad of beautiful frames and mats for your cherished artwork. Westmount Gallery is a treasure trove of exquisite art and offers the best in framing techniques.
Donated by Judy & Murray Smith, Westmount Gallery, 88 Advance Rd, Etobicoke
12. Danier Leather Handbag in black Value: $199
This perfectly polished studded barrel handbag will elevate any look. In supremely soft pebble leather and accented with gold tone hardware, it is an enduring shape with updated details. Boasting multiple interior pockets and a detachable and adjustable strap so you can wear it two ways, this is the definition of casual elegance.
Donated by Danier Leather
13. Framed Prints and Calendars by Leejay Julius Levene
- 13-A “Loss of Innocence” panel no. 5, 2007(Acrylic, print) Value: $95
- 13-B “Landscape” 2001 (Marker, print) Value: $65
- 13-C 2014 Calendar Value: $10
- 13-D 2014 Calendar Value: $10
Once again the Levene family has donated two charming artworks in memory of their son Leejay, who died at age 18 during a routine wisdom tooth extraction. Leejay loved reading and his family supports Read for the Cure in Leejay’s memory. www.leejaylevene.com
Donated by Shirley Levene and Family
14. Merlot Bistro Gift Certificate & Two Vintage Merlots Value $150
Enjoy a fabulous meal at Merlot, the west end’s favourite French bistro, along with two bottles (value $50) of French Merlot from Vintages. The warm ambiance, excellent service and delicious French country cooking always result in a memorable meal. Bon appetite!
Donated by Theodore Babiak of Royal LePage
15. Nike Fuel Band – Ladies Black Value: $149
The Nike Fuel band measures your everyday activity and turns it into Nikefuel. This amazing band tracks each step and calorie burned, displaying it at the press of a button and syncs with your mobile phone or computer. It is also a great watch!
Donated by Christine Biggar
16. Sony Reader (Model PRS-T3BC, MSRP) Value: $129.99
Enjoy your favorite books whenever, wherever on the newest Sony Reader with integrated snap cover. Boasting a 6″ touchscreen and weighing less than 6 ounces, the PRS-T3 Reader is no bigger than an average paperback. This Reader features a glare-free, E-Ink® Pearl touch screen that is so easy to read, you’ll never want to put it down. With up to 2 months battery life, built-in dictionaries, direct wireless access to Reader™ Store & public libraries via dedicated icons, Facebook® and Evernote®, this is one fabulous e-Reader.
Donated by Sony of Canada Ltd
17. Red Label Hair Company Gift Basket & Gift card Value: $125
In the heart of Bloor West Village, Red Label is the go-to salon for innovative, creative cutting and colouring techniques. This year’s basket includes amazing Bumble and Bumble products: Seaweed Shampoo, 8oz ($22.50); Seaweed Conditioner, 8oz. ($24.); Extra Strength Holding Spray, 8oz ($26.75) plus a $50 gift card to use in the salon.
Donated by Dimitri, Owner, Red Label Hair Company, 2190B Bloor St. West
18. Three Fine Chardonnays from Closson Chase Value: $105
Closson Chase Vineyards helped spearhead the birth of the Prince Edward County wine industry, using centuries-old European traditions & sustainable, innovative techniques to create world-class wines using only the finest Chardonnay & Pinot Noir grapes. This package includes two bottles of 2012 The Brock Chardonnay and one bottle of 2011 South Clos Chardonnay, aged in French oak for 17 months.
Donated by William Fanjoy
19. Bill Miles Menswear Gift Certificate Value: $100
Bill Miles for Men in the Kingsway offers menswear collections, both corporate and casual, chosen personally by Bill himself from top fashion houses around the world. Their in-house tailor from Italy ensures a perfect fit.
Donated by Bill Miles for Men, 2966 Bloor W, Etobicoke
20. Vanderfleet Flowers Gift Certificate Value: $100
Choose from a wide array of decorative giftware, plant designs, and floral arrangements at this fine Toronto florist. Their European style hand-tied bouquets and “English Garden” designs are renowned. For more information visit: www.vanderfleet.com/. Delivery anywhere in Toronto, Mississauga & GTA.
Donated by Scott Vanderfleet, Vanderfleet Flowers, Humbertown Shopping Centre, Etobicoke
21. Vibo Restaurant Gift Certificate Value: $100
VIBO – true Italian hospitality! Experience the finest Italian dining in Toronto’s west end. Enjoy exceptional food & wine in this casually elegant restaurant featuring a wood-burning fireplace, bar and live piano music.
Donated by Theodore Babiak of Royal LePage
22. GoodLife Fitness Products and Passes Value: $75
Get fit for Fall with these GoodLife goodies: gym bag, T-shirt, book, water bottle and 4 passes, each good for a week of fitness classes.
Donated by GoodLife Fitness
23. Azarias Restaurant Gift Certificate Value: $50
Try this exciting west end gastro pub, known for its shareable plates, tapas format and excellent wine list. Must be used in 2014.
Donated by Paul, Owner, Azarias, 3058 Bloor St. West, Toronto
24. Sheridan Nurseries In-Store Landscape Design Consultation Value: $50
Spend 45 minutes with an expert designer to create a beautiful garden space, tailored to your own vision and property requirements. Call any Sheridan location (cf. www.sheridannurseries.com) to schedule an appointment; present the certificate to claim your prize. Offer must be redeemed in full by June 30, 2014.
Donated by Sheridan Nurseries
25. Tagine by Sophie Conran for Portmeirion Value: $50
Perfect for creating slow-cooked dishes, this traditional North African cookware has been reworked in Sophie Conran’s elegant style. Doubling as a serving dish, from oven to table, this handsome piece lends a wow-factor to any table.
Donated by Christine Biggar
26. The Westerly Restaurant Gift Certificate Value: $50
This gift certificate takes you to the very popular Westerly for a fabulous meal, right in heart of trendy Roncesvalles Village. No expiry; reservations recommended.
Donated by The Westerly, 413 Roncesvalles Avenue, Toronto
Our thanks to the following prize donors for their generous support:
Absolutely Fine Foods
Angels Gate Winery
Azarias Restaurant; Paul Azaria, Owner
Barbara Watson and Marg McKillop
Bill Miles for Men
Christine J. Heselmann
Fairmont Royal York Hotel
Hammam Spa; Celine Tadrissi, Owner
Milller SAB; Paul Gurr
Random House of Canada
Red Label Hair Company; Dimitri, Owner
Shirley Levene and Family
Sony of Canada Ltd.
Taz Hair Company
Theodore Babiak of Royal LePage
l Miles for Men you will find the finest garments, both corporate and casual, from the top fashion houses around the world.
Donated by Bill Miles for Men, Toronto
Silent Auction Rules
1. Each item is sold “as is” and all sales are final. Purchasers are bound by the restrictions specified by the donor.
2. Payment by the successful bidder must be made immediately following the end of the Auction, once the bid forms have been organized and the Auction table is open to collect payment.
3. If items cannot be taken the night of the event, please make arrangements for pick up or delivery.
Payment accepted by
VISA, MasterCard, Cash, Debit or Cheque